- PUBHLT 2025 Concepts and Methods in Global Health (2 credits)
- PUBHLT 2027 Transforming Global Health Education Into Action (2 credits)
- One course from the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs is required from the list of approved classes (3 credits)
The certificate core courses cannot overlap with any other departmental requirement. Overlap is permitted for the remaining required courses and these may also fulfill departmental requirements.
In addition, students are able to engage in the various co-curricular opportunities offered throughout the academic year. These co-curriculars consist of events such as symposia, film and video programs, workshops, and lectures. Content covers a range of issues relevant to global health, such as policy analysis, ethics, human rights, epidemiologic trends, and evaluation of global health programs.
Global Health Certificate Handbook
Global Health Certificate Checklist
The requirements for admission to the Global Health Certificate are equivalent to those for an MPH degree. Applications must be submitted through SOPHAS. The statement of purpose and objectives should address the following:
- reason for interest in global health
- previous experience (if any)
- how the certificate will contribute to career goals
Admission decisions are made by the program director.
How to Apply...
For more information, contact
Cynthia L Salter, PhD, MPH
This program is managed by the Center for Global Health.
Back to top