Many of Pitt Public Health's programs for alumni and other professionals offer the possibility of earning continuing education credits. Pitt Public Health partners with the University of Pittsburgh Region III Public Health Training Center to certify continuing education credits in public health (CPH-CEs) as well as other professional continuing education programs including:
- Certified in Public Health (CPH-CE)
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution.
- Nursing (Registered nurses in Pennsylvania)
- Certified Health Education Specialists and Master CHES (CECHs)
- Social Work (LSW/LCSW, LPC,LMFT)
The Region III Public Health Training Center is approved as a provider of continuing professional education by:
- The National Board of Public Health Examiners. Individuals Certified in Public Health may be awarded 8 Certified in Public Health Continuing Education Units (CPH-CE) for completion of this conference.
- The PA Board of Nursing. Registered nurses in Pennsylvania may be awarded 8 Continuing Education Hours for completion of this conference under Act 58 of 2006 and 49 PA Code, Chapter 21 §21.134 (Continuing Education Sources) of the rules and regulations of the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Social Work. Through co-sponsorship by the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Social Work, a Council on Social Work Education-accredited school and a PA pre-approved provider of social continuing education, some programs provide credit hours satisfying requirements for LSW/LCSW, LPC and LMFT biennial license renewal.