You want to earn your graduate degree in public health from a university that will train and challenge you—but there's more to student life than just academics. You need to find the right student life experience.
As a student at Pitt Public Health, you’ll have access to the full range of activities and events offered by the University of Pittsburgh. Here, you'll find a diverse and accepting community, a vibrant urban campus, and plenty of green space, with all the amenities of a large university—but with the friendliness and student-to-faculty ratio of a small college.
To get a feel for our campus, view our online tour
of Pitt academic buildings and student gathering spots. Catch a glimpse of downtown Pittsburgh and the panoramic view
of the surrounding campus area from atop Pitt’s skyscraper Cathedral of Learning, the tallest educational building in the Western Hemisphere. And check out Pittsburgh's
amazing collection of great entertainment, shops, restaurants, theaters, galleries, museums, sports teams, and more.
Need a few more reasons to consider Pitt Public Health?
- Go international. Because one in four Pitt Public Health students hails from a homeland outside the United States, you'll find opportunities for cultural exchange and international friendships through a number of events, such as our annual International Dinner, where students, faculty, and staff gather for festive food and entertainment from around the world.
- Students make a difference here. Participate fully in the school's decision-making processes by serving as a representative on a standing committee. Or join the Student Government Association and get direct experience in public health issues.
- Celebrate student accomplishments. Take part in our annual Dean's Day by presenting a research project and compete for monetary prizes, or attend our annual Celebration of Students Awards.
- Meet up at our student lounges. Whether you're working individually or as a team, hang out in one of our comfortable lounges or our computer lab, with wireless internet access.
- Apply for one of our travel grants. We'll help cover the costs for select students to present at a national or international conference.
- Vie for a stipend. Earn funding to partially cover a trip to the American Public Health Association annual meeting.
- Interact with other graduate and professional students. Immerse yourself in the rich intellectual and social life the University of Pittsburgh has to offer.