9:30 Welcome and Introduction
9:40 Practicum/Internship Opportunities
10:40 Agency Panel
11:25 Student Panel to discuss practicum/internship and research experiences
Noon Networking mixer luncheon
Participating agencies and organizations included: Allegheny County health Department, Bridging the Gaps, Center for Global Health, Center for Public Health Practice, Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank, Pennsylvania Mid Atlantic AIDS Education Training Center, Pennsylvania State Department of Health, Pitt Public Health Career Services.
The event prepared our students to:
- locate an experience at a new site,
- apply for a practicum at the county or state department of health,
- learn from students who have just completed experiences, and
- the opportunity to talk to area agencies and organizations looking for student interns.
Materials from December 2017 event:
- Tips for Identifying Internship Opportunities [PDF]
- PowerPoint from entire event [PDF]
- Large Site Info fro Summer 2018 [PDF]