Healthy people living in thriving and equitable communities.
We seek to improve and promote health and equity by engaging individuals, communities, and systems through our research, teaching, and practice.
- Open communication;
- Active collaboration;
- Integrated and strength-based approaches;
- Social justice and health equity;
- Application of knowledge in the context of people's lives.
- Professional Development: preparing the public health workforce for the 21st century.
- Community Engagement: engaging with communities in mutually beneficial and respectful ways.
- Health Equity: reducing health disparities and promoting health for all.
- Evaluation: ensuring that program and policy efforts lead to optimal results
- LGBT Health: leading efforts to promote health in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender populations
- Methods Innovation: using novel applications of tools to advance research and improve health