About the Competition
Graduate and professional students and postdocs in the biomedical and behavioral sciences, including psychology and social work, are invited to submit abstracts for the 2019 Health Disparities Poster Competition.
Sponsored by the Schools of the Health Sciences, this annual event gives young researchers an opportunity to present their work and expand their scientific professional skill set.
The term "disparities" applies to differences in health status in any studied population compared to the comparable majority (or more commonly studied) population. We expect to see work in disparities based upon race or ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, and other parameters.
Posters are also accepted for community-based initiatives designed to address health disparities.
Download event flyer (PDF).
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 25
- Authors accepted for poster presentation will be notified by Friday, March 8
- Poster competition will be held on March 28, 12-4pm, in BSTWR South Lobby
- Submissions accepted from University of Pittsburgh graduate or first professional students or postdoctoral trainees
- Submitters must have conducted research (qualitative, or laboratory based) and developed results in one of fourteen scientific disciplines:
- biological sciences
- cell biological sciences
- chemical sciences
- developmental biological sciences
- microbiological sciences
- molecular biological sciences
- physical sciences and mathematics
- physiological sciences
- psychology/psychological sciences
- public health
- social sciences
- rehabilitation sciences
$100 prizes will be awarded in four categories: master's, doctoral, postdoctoral, and first professional; also for best community based initiative.
For more information, contact email@example.com or 412-648-2066.