The GSPH IT Committee is offering grants to full-time GSPH staff members who wish to advance their tech skills. Funding is available for all levels of experience, from beginners looking to master Microsoft Word to IT professionals seeking to upgrade their career qualifications. Examples of the types of requests that are eligible for a grant are:
• Learn a new program, such as Microsoft Excel or Adobe Photoshop
• Become a Microsoft certified systems administrator
• Learn about Linux or Apple computers
• Attend an Oracle developers’ conference in San Diego
• Purchase a reference book on Web site design
How to Apply
1) Log on to www.my.pitt.edu. Under My Communities, select GSPH Intranet. Under Navigate This Community, select faculty and staff. Scroll down to Staff - Important Documents and select GSPH IT Training – Request Form.
2) Ask your supervisor to write a short letter of support.
3) E-mail the form and letter of support to email@example.com.
Applications due: March 24, 2009
Results notification: April 7, 2009
Applications due: September 2009
Results notification: October 2009
For more information contact IT training committee member Peggy Kernan at 412-383-7049 or firstname.lastname@example.org.